Welcome, Goddesses! We’re thrilled that you’ll be joining us for the 2018 Suburban Chevrolet Ann Arbor Goddess 5K and Mile Fun Run, benefiting the Michigan Ovarian Cancer Alliance! Read on to get all the important info so that you’re ready for the big day, Sunday, May 13! Please be sure to check back here for updates and follow us on Facebook and Twitter!
last updated 12 April 2018
We have several Packet Pick-Up options for you:
- Friday, May 11 from 5 PM to 7 PM at American Home Fitness “Happy Hour Pickup Featuring Mother’s Day Mules”
- Saturday, May 12 from 12 PM to 2 PM at American Home Fitness “Workout to Win” (details below)
- Sunday, May 13 (Race Day) from 6:30 AM to 7:45 AM outside the Michigan Theater, 603 E. Liberty St., Ann Arbor, 48104
Top Reasons to Pick Up Your Packet American Home Fitness prior to race day:
- Sleep in an extra 45 minutes on race morning!
- You’ll be able to pin your bib number to your top before leaving the house!
- You’ll be able to wear your 2018 Ann Arbor Goddess race shirt to the race!
- You can warm up with pre-race Zumba instead of picking up your packet!
- Goodie bags will not be available on race day!
- You love hanging out with the Epic Races crew so much, you look for every opportunity to see them!
- Enjoy Happy Hour with Mother’s Day Mules on Friday!
- Try the stations and be entered to win prizes on Friday or Saturday! Stations will be throughout the store for you to test and challenge yourself, or just try them out to perhaps find your new favorite exercise… here are some examples:
1. How many watts can you get on the AD Pro in 30 seconds? – or just try it out for 30 seconds.2. TRX Chest Press3. Water Rower How many watts can you get in 30 seconds, or just try it out.4. Slam Balls
Hyperwear Weighted vest ($200 value)
Polar A360 Watch ($200 Value)TRX ($200 Value)
Directions and Details
The 2018 Suburban Chevrolet Ann Arbor Goddess 5K and Mile Fun Run will be held in downtown Ann Arbor. The starting line will be located at the corner of Liberty and Maynard Streets, Ann Arbor 48104.
Free parking will be available in the Republic Parking lots and parking structures throughout downtown Ann Arbor. There is plenty of parking for everyone! Click here for a map of Ann Arbor parking. Please note that the course will be closed to traffic beginning at 7 AM. We recommend parking in the Maynard structure. You will enter with your vehicle on Thompson and may exit on foot to Maynard.
Friday, May 11
5:00 PM – 7:00 PM Packet Pick-Up and Race Weekend Registration at American Home Fitness
Saturday, May 12
12:00 PM — 2:00 PM Packet Pick-Up and Race Weekend Registration at American Home Fitness
Sunday, May 13
6:30 AM — 7:45 AM Packet Pick-Up and Race Day Registration
7:15 AM – Pre-race Zumba with Maggie Barclay
7:30 AM — Pre-race Warm-up with Delirium Fitness
8:00 AM — Kids’ Dash starts
8:05 AM — 5K lines up
8:10 AM — 5K starts; Mile Fun Run lines up
8:15 AM — Mile Fun Run starts
8:30 AM — Post-race festivities begin
9:15 AM — Awards ceremony (approximate time)
Join us after your run/walk for the awards ceremony and all the fun and festivities at Goddess Village!
The Suburban Chevrolet Ann Arbor Goddess uses the Chronotrack B-Tag Timing System. The timing system provides each participant with an accurate time from the start to the finish line. Individual timing tags are affixed to the back of each bib number. Leave the tags on the back of your bib number — the tags are your timing device for this race! — and wear the bib number securely fastened to your front torso so that it is clearly visible on the outside of your clothing. This is a single-use bib number.
Bib Quick Tips:
- Bib number must be clearly visible on the front and outside of your clothing
- Bib number is unaltered and unmodified (do not fold, wrinkle, or alter the bib in any way or remove the back tag)
- You must fill in the emergency contacts and medical information in the area provided on the back of your bib number
- Bib number is pinned in all four corners, securely fastened to your outer layer of clothing
- Bib number is not covered (by jackets, runner belts, water bottles, etc.)
- Bib number is non transferable and must be worn by the person to whom it is assigned.
Participants must cross the start line during the official start time of the Suburban Chevrolet Ann Arbor Goddess. Participants who begin before the official start time or who cross after the ChronoTrack B-Tag® starting mats have been removed from the finish line will not receive an official time.
As part of Epic Races’ green initiative, we will no longer have paper results after the event. Instead, all participants will have QR codes on their bibs which can be scanned with QR Code Readers for race results. We will also have a Chromebook station with race results viewable there.
Be sure to smile for our photographers from Greg Sadler Photography on the course and as you come across the finish line! All of our Goddesses receive free downloads of their race photos… just another reason our races are so Epic!
Before race day, go to the app store and download Snapchat to join in
on some more race day fun! Snap a pic on snapchat and swipe left to
find all the fun filters for the Suburban Chevrolet Ann Arbor Goddess 5K and show your friends how you’re celebrating Mother’s Day!
Our 5K course is officially certified by USATF.
There will be one hydration station on the race course
Four Legs and Wheels
For insurance and safety reasons and to ensure everyone’s enjoyment of the Suburban Chevrolet Ann Arbor Goddess, dogs are not permitted on the course.
Strollers and baby joggers are permitted, but please stay to the right side of the pack and do not weave in and out of participants. Please see our Policies page for guidelines on participating with strollers
The 5K will line up by pace and will go off in waves starting at 8 AM. Pacers courtesy of the The Ann Arbor Track Club will be pacing at three-minute intervals:
- 21 minutes
- 24 minutes
- 27 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 33 minutes
- 36 minutes
Remember that you are very welcome to walk your event! Please note that, if you are on the course after 9 AM, you will need to walk on the sidewalk as the roads will open up to traffic at that time.
Iorio’s Chocolate Mile
Your race will be made even sweeter thanks to our friends at Iorio’s Gelateria. Watch for their samples of delicious gelato and sorbetto on the race course!
Congratulations on your run/walk, Goddesses! Join your fellow finishers in Goddess Village after the race and celebrate your achievement! Enjoy a post-race snack with our friends from Freshii, who’ll be offering their yummy Energii Bites (peanut butter, honey, oats, coconut, chocolate chips); catch their full menu of amazing fresh offerings at Briarwood Mall! Be sure to sop by our other vendors and exhibitors, including the Ann Arbor Track Club, Bearclaw Coffee, Freshii, Knight’s, LOLE, MIOCA, Mod Squad, and Societe Indoor Cycling!
Every Suburban Chevrolet Ann Arbor Goddess finisher receives a gorgeous finisher’s medal. Special awards will also be presented to the 1st Overall Female, 1st Overall Masters (40+) Female, and the top 5 finishers in each age division for the 5K.
In our Family Divisions, special awards by Stella & Dot will be presented to the 1st-place team (combined scores) for the Mother-Daughter 5K and Three Generations 5K. Sorry, no mixed-distance teams for the Mother-Daughter and Three Generations divisions!
Goddess Racing Series Gifts
Participating in two Goddess races? Please pick up your Goddess Racing Series hoo-rag at the Goddess retail booth at your second race. Completing all three? Please pick up your Goddess Racing Series medal at the Goddess retail booth at the Detroit Women’s Half Marathon!
I Run 4 Buddy Medals
If you ordered an extra finisher’s medal for your I Run 4 buddy, your buddy medal will be shipped to you after the race.
Ditch the Discomfort
If you experience any aches, strains, or pain during your training or race, contact our friends at Probility Physical Therapy for a free injury assessment.