Welcome, Goddesses! We’re thrilled that you’ll be joining us for the 2017 Suburban Chevrolet Ann Arbor Goddess 5K and Mile Fun Run, benefiting the Michigan Ovarian Cancer Alliance! Read on to get all the important info so that you’re ready for the big day, Sunday, May 14! Please be sure to check back here for updates and follow us on Facebook and Twitter!
last updated 12 May 2017
We have two Packet Pick-Up options for you:
- Saturday, May 13 from 12 PM to 4 PM at the Women’s Health and Fitness Expo, Suburban Chevrolet of Ann Arbor, 3515 Jackson Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48103.
- Sunday, May 14 (Race Day) from 6:30 AM to 7:45 AM outside the Michigan Theater, 603 E. Liberty St., Ann Arbor, 48104
Top 10 Reasons to Pick Up Your Packet at the Women’s Health and Fitness Expo on Saturday, May 13:
- Sleep in an extra 45 minutes on race morning!
- You’ll be able to pin your bib number to your top before leaving the house!
- You’ll be able to wear your 2017 Ann Arbor Goddess race shirt to the race!
- You can participate in pre-race Yoga with Breathe Yoga instead of picking up your packet!
- You can warm up with pre-race Zumba with Derica from Bodies by Wade instead of picking up your packet!
- Goodie bags will not be available on race day!
- If you test drive a car the week of the race, $25 will be donated to MIOCA!
- If you have a car delivered the day of the race, $100 will be donated to MIOCA!
- You can visit with the hottest “Women’s Health and Fitness” professionals in the area!
- You love hanging out with the Epic Races crew so much, you look for every opportunity to see them!
All this happens only on Saturday, so don’t miss out… come out to the Women’s Health and Fitness Expo at Suburban Chevrolet of Ann Arbor between 12 PM and 4 PM on May 13!
Directions and Details
The 2017 Suburban Chevrolet Ann Arbor Goddess 5K and Mile Fun Run will be held in downtown Ann Arbor. The starting line will be located at the corner of Liberty and Maynard Streets, Ann Arbor 48104.
Free parking will be available in the Republic Parking lots and parking structures throughout downtown Ann Arbor. There is plenty of parking for everyone! Click here for a map of Ann Arbor parking. Please note that the course will be closed to traffic beginning at 7 AM. We recommend parking in the Maynard structure. You will enter with your vehicle on Thompson and may exit on foot to Maynard.
Saturday, May 13
12:00 PM — Packet Pick-Up and Race-Weekend Registration open at Suburban Chevrolet of Ann Arbor
12:00 PM — The Women’s Health and Fitness Expo opens at Suburban Chevrolet of Ann Arbor
1:00 PM — Yoga with Breathe Yoga. Register here!
2:00 PM — Yoga with Breathe Yoga. Register here!
4:00 PM — Packet Pick-Up and Race-Day Registration close
4:00 PM — The Women’s Health and Fitness Expo closes
Sunday, May 14
6:30 AM — Packet Pick-Up opens
6:30 AM — Race-Day Registration opens
7:15 AM — Pre-race Yoga with Breathe Yoga
7:30 AM — Pre-race Zumba with Derica from Bodies by Wade
7:45 AM — Packet Pick-Up and Race-Day Registration close
8:00 AM — 5K starts
8:10 AM — Mile Fun Run starts
8:30 AM — Post-race festivities begin
9:15 AM — Awards ceremony (approximate time)
Join us after your run/walk for the awards ceremony and all the fun and festivities at Goddess Village!
The Women’s Health and Fitness Expo
Join Epic Races on Saturday, May 13 between 12 PM and 4 PM at Suburban Chevrolet of Ann Arbor, 3515 Jackson Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48103 for the Women’s Health and Fitness Expo! This free wellness event is open to the public, so bring your friends and family! Pick up your race packet. Participate in a free yoga session with Breathe Yoga. Visit the many health- and fitness-oriented vendors who will be exhibiting at the Expo, including:
- LOLE Ann Arbor Raffling off a complete outfit (leggings, top, and sports bra). Receive a raffle ticket for visiting the LOLE booth; receive an additional ticket for your $20 or more purchase! Bring your race bib to LOLE on Saturday and Sunday for 10% off
- Michigan Ovarian Cancer Alliance (MIOCA) Learn more about our featured charity and familiarize yourself with this devastating silent killer of women
- Nutritional Healing Center Helping you achieve optimal health and feel your best through whole food nutrition and supplements
- Rock City Skirts Selling teal running skirts for our Goddesses to wear at the race. Pre-order your skirt at http://rockcityskirts.com/product/sparkle-running-skirt/ and use code EPIC2017 and Rock City Skirts will donate $5 to MIOCA! Pre-ordered skirts will be available for pick-up at the Expo.
- Societe Indoor Cycling Take a ride on their spin bike and learn more about their offerings
- Wildly Fit Movement Lab Offering complimentary Fascial Stretching Therapy (FST)
The Suburban Chevrolet Ann Arbor Goddess uses the Chronotrack B-Tag Timing System. The timing system provides each participant with an accurate time from the start to the finish line. Individual timing tags are affixed to the back of each bib number. Leave the tags on the back of your bib number — the tags are your timing device for this race! — and wear the bib number securely fastened to your front torso so that it is clearly visible on the outside of your clothing. This is a single-use bib number.
Bib Quick Tips:
- Bib number must be clearly visible on the front and outside of your clothing
- Bib number is unaltered and unmodified (do not fold, wrinkle, or alter the bib in any way or remove the back tag)
- You must fill in the emergency contacts and medical information in the area provided on the back of your bib number
- Bib number is pinned in all four corners, securely fastened to your outer layer of clothing
- Bib number is not covered (by jackets, runner belts, water bottles, etc.)
- Bib number is non transferable and must be worn by the person to whom it is assigned.
Participants must cross the start line during the official start time of the Suburban Chevrolet Ann Arbor Goddess. Participants who begin before the official start time or who cross after the ChronoTrack B-Tag® starting mats have been removed from the finish line will not receive an official time.
Results for the Suburban Chevrolet Ann Arbor Goddess will be posted within six hours of the race’s completion. To find your results, go to the Suburban Chevrolet Ann Arbor Goddess web site and click the Results tab at the top right of the page.
Be sure to smile for our photographers from Greg Sadler Photography on the course and as you come across the finish line! All of our Goddesses receive free downloads of their race photos… just another reason our races are so Epic!
Our 5K course is officially certified by USATF.
There will be one hydration station on the race course
Four Legs and Wheels
For insurance and safety reasons and to ensure everyone’s enjoyment of the Suburban Chevrolet Ann Arbor Goddess, dogs are not permitted on the course.
Strollers and baby joggers are permitted, but please stay to the right side of the pack and do not weave in and out of participants. Please see our Policies page for guidelines on participating with strollers
The 5K will line up by pace and will go off in waves starting at 8 AM. Pacers courtesy of the The Ann Arbor Track Club will be pacing at three-minute intervals:
- 21 minutes
- 24 minutes
- 27 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 33 minutes
- 36 minutes
Remember that you are very welcome to walk your event! Please note that, if you are on the course after 9 AM, you will need to walk on the sidewalk as the roads will open up to traffic at that time.
Iorio’s Chocolate Mile
Your race will be made even sweeter thanks to our friends at Iorio’s Gelateria. Watch for their samples of delicious gelato and sorbetto on the race course!
Congratulations on your run/walk, Goddesses! Join your fellow finishers in Goddess Village after the race and celebrate your achievement! Enjoy a post-race snack with our friends from Freshii, who’ll be offering their yummy Energii Bites (peanut butter, honey, oats, coconut, chocolate chips); catch their full menu of amazing fresh offerings at Briarwood Mall! Be sure to sop by our other vendors and exhibitors, including the Ann Arbor Track Club, Bearclaw Coffee, Freshii, Knight’s, LOLE, MIOCA, Mod Squad, and Societe Indoor Cycling!
Every Suburban Chevrolet Ann Arbor Goddess finisher receives a gorgeous finisher’s medal. Special awards will also be presented to the 1st Overall Female, 1st Overall Masters (40+) Female, and the top 5 finishers in each age division for the 5K.
In our Family Divisions, special awards by Stella & Dot will be presented to the 1st-place team (combined scores) for the Mother-Daughter 5K and Three Generations 5K. Sorry, no mixed-distance teams for the Mother-Daughter and Three Generations divisions!
Goddess Racing Series Gifts
Participating in two Goddess races? Please pick up your Goddess Racing Series hoo-rag at the Goddess retail booth at your second race. Completing all three? Please pick up your Goddess Racing Series medal at the Goddess retail booth at the Detroit Women’s Half Marathon!
Mother’s Day Specials in Ann Arbor
We’re pleased to offer our Goddesses these special offers from downtown Ann Arbor merchants, especially for Mother’s Day!
Mélange Bistro: 312 South Main Street, (734) 222-0202. Join us on Sunday, May 14th. Moms eat free on Mother’s Day! Limit one free entrée per table. A mom is required at the table for the offer to be valid. Tax and gratuity are not included. Valid only on May 14, 2017 from 11 AM to 8 PM.
10 Thousand Villages: 303 S. Main Street, (734) 332-1270. All jewelry at this 100% fair-trade, locally owned, non-profit store is Buy One, Get One at 50% off through May 14. Every item is handmade by artisans in developing countries.
I Run 4 Buddy Medals
If you ordered a extra finisher’s medal for your I Run 4 buddy, your buddy medal will be shipped to you after the race.
Ditch the Discomfort
If you experience any aches, strains, or pain during your training or race, contact our friends at Probility Physical Therapy for a free injury assessment.