- This event has passed.
HeartMIBike Virtual Ride
A portion of this event’s proceeds benefits our featured charity, the Michigan Department of Natural Resources.
Celebrate National Bike Month (May 2018) and enjoy the wonders of Michigan’s parklands and bike trails with our HeartMIBike Virtual Ride, the perfect way to celebrate springtime in the Wolverine State! Anyone of any age and any ability can participate: you only need a two- or three-wheel bike and an outdoor location!
We are great believers in setting personal goals. The act of writing your goals down and putting them where you can see them (on the fridge, by your laptop, on your bathroom mirror) can make the difference between success and failure. A little added extra incentive never hurts, either!
- Challenge yourself, but be realistic
Be specific (for example, I will ride five miles; I will ride for half an hour)
Choose a goal that is meaningful and important to you, not to anybody else
HeartMIBike caps at 500 participants!
How to HeartMIBike
Follow these steps to become a 2018 HeartMIBike participant:
- Register for this event at RunSignUp; deadline to register is June 1!
- Head to your chosen venue for your HeartMIBike Virtual Ride. This can be any park or public land managed by the State of Michigan Department of Natural Resources, your favorite local park or trail, or right in your own neighborhood!
- Start your HeartMIBike. You must ride a two- or three-wheel bicycle in order to participate. Training wheels for kids are acceptable! Remember: you set your own goal for completing your HeartMIBike!
- Complete your HeartMIBike Virtual Ride! Be sure to complete your ride between April 1 and June 30!
- Tell us about your HeartMIBike Virtual Ride! Head to the 2018 HeartMIBike Virtual Ride Facebook page, “join” the event if you haven’t already, then upload a photo of your GPS tracker showing your mileage and time, share a selfie of you where you did your HeartMIBike, or post a comment telling us about it. You can also post your photos on Instagram and tag us (@epicraces) or tweet about it on Twitter and tag us (@epicraces). Be sure to use the hashtag #HeartMIBike! Note: You do not need to “prove” your ride to us. We encourage you to post about your HeartMIBike Virtual Ride via our social media, but it is not mandatory!
All HeartMIBike swag will be sent out via Priority Mail on June 30!
Virtual Ride, Real Swag!
Every HeartMIBike participant will receive a beautiful medal created especially for this event, along with a HeartMIBike T-shirt. All medals and shirts will be mailed out via Priority Mail on June 30. Wear your HeartMIBike shirt all year round to show your support for Michigan’s state parks and your commitment to fitness!
Please note: Epic Races does not ship swag to Canada or internationally. If you are a resident of Canada or another country and wish to participate in an Epic Races virtual event, please provide us with a U.S. shipping address.
Benefits for You and for the Outdoors
Completing the HeartMIBike Virtual Ride has definite health benefits. Make your ride more than just a one-time event, and encourage your friends and family to join you as you HeartMIBike! Your participation in the 2018 HeartMIBike Virtual Ride also has benefits beyond these: a portion of the proceeds from this event go to the Michigan DNR to help fund reforestration efforts and fitness programs in state parks.
Pure Michigan Fit!
The HeartMIBike Virtual Ride has been endorsed by the Michigan Governor’s Council on Physical Fitness, Health, and Sports. This event is part of the Pure Michigan FITness Series and qualify for the Pure Michigan FITness Challenge. For details on the Pure Michigan FITness Series and to take part in the Pure Michigan FITness Challenge, click here.
A State of Michigan Park permit is required to enter all DNR-managed properties. The Recreation Passport is your $11 ticket to Michigan’s state parks and outdoor adventures for an entire year! Michigan residents are not able to purchase a one-day park pass. For State Park entry, all Michigan residents must have a Recreation Passport. For details about the Recreation Passport, click here.
- This event does not have any special partners.