Hot Cocoa Classic 5K and Marshmallow Mountain Mile at Mt. Brighton
The Hot Cocoa Classic returns on Saturday, November 3, 2018 with two race distances suited for adults, children, and cocoa lovers alike! That’s right… you don’t need your skis to do a run at Mt. Brighton!
- The Hot Cocoa Classic 5K — Run or walk the scenic grounds of the Mt. Brighton Golf Course on a mostly paved course with a downhill mountain finish.
- The Marshmallow Mountain Mile — Run or walk the grassy terrain of Mt. Brighton straight up and back down to complete this Mountain Challenge!
- The Double Shot of Cocoa — Indulge yourself! Run or walk both races.
Once you’ve finished your race, come enjoy our Trader Joe’s Post-Race Fireside Party inside the Ore Creek Grill. Our friends at Tri-Covery will be waiting for you for post-race stretching and massage to complete your morning at Mt. Brighton. Awards will be presented indoors as well… no standing out in the cold!
Did We Mention Cocoa?
A steaming cup of luscious hot cocoa* awaits every participant at our Trader Joe’s post-race fireside party to soothe, refresh, and aid in recovery. If you’re running the 5K, you’ll get an additional boost of cocoa on the course at our Chocolate Tunnel! There’s more too, including our fabulous hot-cocoa toppings bar! Just be sure to sign up soon: the Hot Cocoa Classic 5K & Marshmallow Mountain Mile is limited to 500 participants!
Do you participate in the I Run 4 program? Click here for information about obtaining a medal for your I Run 4 buddy!
Each of our Hot Cocoa Classic participants will receive:
- The sweetest finisher’s medal around for Marshmallow Mountain Milers and 5Kers; Double Shot participants; these two medals interlock to create your Double Shot finisher’s medal!
- Free downloads of race photos taken by Greg Sadler Photography
- A cup of delicious hot cocoa (Gluten Free & Vegan-Friendly) & hot-cocoa toppings bar
- A super-soft, high-quality race T-shirt (shirt sizes not guaranteed after Oct. 20, 2018)
- The best post-race treats around
- Race chip timing with results posted within 6 hours
- For Double Shot participants only: a high-quality, long-sleeved Double Shot top
Looking to PR or finish by a certain time? The Ann Arbor Running Company will have its pace team ready to help you meet your goals! Look for them in the starting area; they’ll be holding signs showing which pace they’ll be running. There will be pacers available at the following paces for the 5K: 7:00, 8:00, 9:00, 10:00, 11:00, and 12:00. Note: it’s perfectly fine to change from one pace to another while out on the course. After all, it’s your race!
Spread the Warmth
We will once again be collecting gently used men’s and women’s winter coats, scarves, and boots (and donations of new hats, gloves, and socks) as part of Spread the Warmth’s winter clothing drive. Your generous donations will help those less fortunate in the metro Detroit area be better protected against Michigan’s winter elements. For more details, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Hot Cocoa Classic 5K and Marshmallow Mountain Mile is a Leave No Trace event. Learn more about our race-day recycling and composting efforts here. Want more information about running a great race and leaving no trace? Click here to visit Happy Planet Running!
Pure Michigan Fit!
The Hot Cocoa Classic 5K and Marshmallow Mountain Mile has been endorsed by the Michigan Governor’s Council on Physical Fitness, Health, and Sports. All events are part of the Pure Michigan FITness Series and qualify for the Pure Michigan FITness Challenge. For details on the Pure Michigan FITness Series and to take part in the Pure Michigan FITness Challenge, click here.
Ditch the Discomfort
If you experience any aches, strains, or pain during your training or race, contact our friends at Probility Physical Therapy for a free injury assessment.
|2016||Hot Cocoa Classic 5K||View Results|
|2016||Marshmallow Mountain Mile||View Results|
|2016||Double Shot of Cocoa||View Results|
|2015||Marshmallow Mountain Mile||View Results|
|2015||Hot Cocoa Classic 5K||View Results|
|2015||Double Shot of Cocoa||View Results|
|2014||Marshmallow Mountain Mile||View Results|
|2014||Hot Cocoa Classic 5K||View Results|
|2014||Double Shot of Cocoa||View Results|