JDRF Global One Virtual Run/Walk
Help celebrate Global Running Day, June 6, 2018!
Join the fight against Type 1 Diabetes with JDRF and take strides towards better health with the JDRF Global OneVirtual Run/Walk! This virtual event benefits the JDRF of Metro Detroit/Southeast Michigan.
The JDRF Global One Virtual Run/Walk is open to participants of any age and ability, located anywhere in the United States. All you need are a pair of athletic shoes and the desire to help fight Type 1 Diabetes. To learn more JDRF, visit their official website.
What is a Virtual Run?
A virtual run (or walk) is an event that you can run or walk anywhere: in your neighborhood, on your treadmill, at a high school track, on a wooded trail, at a state park… the options are endless! Click here to find out more.
Choose from Three Distances
- 1.25 miles representing the 1.25 million people living with T1D
- 5 miles representing the 5 million that are expected to have T1D by 2050 if we don’t find a cure
- 40,000 steps to represent the 40,000 diagnosed each year in the U.S.
How to Participate
Follow these steps to become a participant:
- Register for this event at RunSignUp; deadline to register is June 10!
- Head to your chosen venue. This can be your favorite local park or trail or right in your own neighborhood!
- Start and finish your race anytime between April 1 and June 30! You can run, jog walk, or hike your event.
- Tell us about your race by heading to the JDRF Global One Virtual Run Facebook event page, “join” the event if you haven’t already, then upload a photo of your GPS tracker showing your mileage and time, share a selfie of you where you did your race, or post a comment telling us about it. You can also post your photos on Instagram and tag us (@epicraces) or tweet about it on Twitter and tag us (@epicraces). Be sure to use the hashtag #JDRFGlobalOneVirtualRun! Note: You do not need to report your Run/Walk to us. We encourage you to post about your experience via our social media, but it is not mandatory!
All swag will be mailed out in late June!
Virtual Run/Walk, Real Swag!
Every participant will receive a custom finisher’s medal & event T-shirt created especially for this event.
Please note: Epic Races does not ship swag to Canada or internationally. If you are a resident of Canada or another country and wish to participate in an Epic Races virtual event, please provide us with a U.S. shipping address.