2019thu15aug9:00 amfri15nov11:59 pm💚 MI RunA Virtual Event benefitting the Michigan Department of Natural Resources(august 15) 9:00 am - (november 15) 11:59 pm EST Event Type :Run,VirtualRegistration is closed
One Epic Virtual run, dozens of real benefits for both you and Michigan's State Parks!
It’s that time of year again… and this year we are not only celebrating running, walking, and hiking in our state parks, we are celebrating the wonders of Michigan’s trails and parks provided by our featured charity, The Department of Natural Resources!
Join us in celebrating Heart MI Run from August 15 to November 15, and enjoy fall and the wonders of Michigan’s trails and parks.
Anybody can participate: you only need a pair of running shoes and a Michigan state park. If a Michigan state park is not accessible, you may choose your own location.
A Virtual Race can be done at any time and any location. You can run at your own pace with your favorite running buddies, whenever and wherever you like! Walk, jog, Prancercise, it’s up to you! There are no parking problems. No crowds. No long port-a-potty lines. There is no start gun or nervous, pre-race chitchat with other participants. There is not even a starting line! Choose your date, time, place, partners, and competition and go!
CHOOSE A LOCATION AND COURSE
COMPLETE YOUR RUN
TELL US ABOUT IT
GET YOUR SWAG IN THE MAIL
Michigan Department of Natural Resources
We are committed to the conservation, protection, management, use and enjoyment of the state’s natural and cultural resources for current and future generations. We strive to protect natural and cultural resources, ensure sustainable recreation use and enjoyment, enable strong natural resource-based economies, improve and build strong relationships and partnerships, and foster effective business practices and good governance.
Click Here for a list of all the places you can go!
Top 10 Reasons to do a Virtual Race
10. You don’t need to deal with traffic or parking.
9. You can choose your own weather conditions.
8. Scheduling conflicts won’t get in the way.
7. If you have an injury, the race can wait.
6. You can use it as “training” to practice things like hydration.
5. You don’t need to set your alarm unless you want to.
4. You get a super cool T-shirt.
3. You get a fantastic finisher’s medal.
2. Do something for yourself that is all about you.
1. You are supporting the Michigan Department of Natural Resources in the conservation, protection, management, use and enjoyment of the state’s natural and cultural resources for current and future generations.
All swag will be mailed to the U.S. Mail address you used during registration.
A virtual event is all about you, you do it for yourself so there is no need to “prove” your run… BUT… we love hearing about your experience and it’s great to share new routes and parks with others so we do hope you will post about it on our Facebook page. You can also upload your results online, though this is not mandatory for you to receive swag!
If you have 10 or more participants interested in participating in one of our races, please contact email@example.com and we will arrange for a group discount for your entire group.