While the 12 days of Christmas begin
Choose one of 3 these three challenges... walk or run!
While the 12 days of Christmas begin on Christmas and continue for 12 days, the 12 Ks of Christmas begin 12 days before Christmas and culminate on Christmas Day! The event will begin on December 14 and each day you will run or walk according to your chosen challenge and you’ll be rewarded with some pretty special swag! Read on to learn about the challenges.
All swag will be mailed December 14!
Buddy the Elf a K a Day: Run or Walk one K each day… or more if you’d like!
This means you run or walk at least one kilometer each day beginning December 15 through December 25.
Fra-gil-e Leg Lamp: Start with 1K and add 1K each day until you reach 12K!
This means you run or walk 1 kilometer on December 15, 2 kilometers on December 16, 3 kilometers on December 17… see the pattern?
George Bailey 12K: Run 12 K on the day you choose and do as you please on the others
This means you pick which day you want to do your race and you run or walk 12 kilometers on that day.
Top 10 Reasons to do a Virtual Race
10. You don’t need to deal with traffic or parking.
9. You can choose your own weather conditions.
8. Scheduling conflicts won’t get in the way.
7. If you have an injury, the run/walk can wait.
6. You can use it as “training” to practice things like hydration.
5. You don’t need to set your alarm unless you want to.
4. You get a super cool surprise T-shirt and medal from one of our past races.
3. You have the opportunity to work hard and self-motivate.
2. Do something for yourself that is all about you.
1. You are helping alleviate hunger and its causes in the community.
Shirts, medals, and bibs will begin to be mailed on December 8. In order to guarantee that you are in this mailing, you must register by November 18. If you register after this date, you will still get your swag, but we cannot guarantee that it will be mailed before December 10.