Welcome, skiers! We’re thrilled that you’ve registered for the Frosty Ski Fest! Read on to get all the important info so that you’re ready for the big weekend, January 13 & 14, 2018. Check back here for updates or follow us on Facebook and Twitter!
Packet Pick-Up and Race-Day Registration
Packet Pick-Up and Race-Day Registration will be held at Huron Meadows Metropark, 8765 Hammel Road, Brighton, MI 48116. Packet Pick-Up and Race-Day Registration are from 8 -10 AM on Saturday and Sunday.
The Frosty Ski Fest will feature dynamic bib assignment. When you pick up your race packet, you will be assigned a race bib number on the spot. No need to look your race number up online; no need to check the alpha list beforehand. Just head to the Packet Pick-Up table and go!
For Race-Day Registration:
- Race-day registration can be paid via credit/debit card or with cash.
- Registration for the Frosty Freestyle Kids’ Race is only available on race-day morning; this race is for children ages 5-11 only.
- The first 250 participants to register for the Frosty Freestyle 5k or 15k will receive a pair of Frosty Ski Fest gloves!
The Frosty Freestyle and Krazy Klassic ski races use the Chronotrack B-Tag Timing System. This timing system provides each participant with an accurate time from the start to the finish line. Individual timing tags are affixed to the back of each bib number. Leave the tags on the back of your bib number — the tags are your timing device for this race! — and wear the bib number securely fastened to your front torso so that it is clearly visible on the outside of your clothing. This is a single-use bib number.
Bib Quick Tips:
- Bib number must be clearly visible on the front and outside of your clothing
- Bib number is unaltered and unmodified (do not fold, wrinkle, or alter the bib in any way or remove the back tag)
- You must fill in the emergency contacts and medical information in the area provided on the back of your bib number
- Bib number is securely fastened to your outer layer of clothing
- Bib number is not covered (by jackets, sweaters, etc.)
- Bib number is non transferable and must be worn by the person to whom it is assigned.
Wave Start Details
Pending weather conditions at Huron Meadows Metropark, the ski races may start in waves. These waves will start two minutes apart and will be grouped by expected skiing pace. You will need to indicate your expected pace group at Packet Pick-Up/Race-Day Registration. The pace groups are:
Group A – skiers expecting to finish in the top quarter of their age group or overall. Experienced race skiers competing for age-group awards or high-age group finish.
Group B – skiers expecting to finish in the top half of their age group or overall. Experienced skiers comfortable with crowded starts.
Group C – skiers expecting to race the entire distance and finish in the middle of the pack or below.
For Skating Skiers
If you are planning to use the skating style of cross-country skiing during the Frosty Freestyle events on Saturday, January 13, please make sure you ski on the skating lane and not in the classic-ski tracks. The skating lane is flat without any set tracks, which allows skiers using the skating style to push off with sufficient space. It is considered poor etiquette to skate across the tracks. Many new skaters are not aware of this and often ski over the tracks, which can destroy the tracks. If you plan to skate ski, please stay in the skating lane.
Directions and Details
The Frosty Freestyle and Krazy Klassic ski races will be held at Huron Meadows Metropark, 8765 Hammel Road, Brighton, MI 48116. To help make Race Day the best experience for all, please consider the following recommendations from the MetroParks staff:
• Carpool to the event. Parking is limited, so please carpool if you can!
• Please be prepared with exact change when you enter the park in order to quickly pay your entrance fees and help alleviate the traffic congestion.
• Consider purchasing a MetroParks Motor Vehicle Entry Permit. A Metropark permit gives you access to all 13 Huron-Clinton Metroparks. Annual permits are valid through December 31, 2018. An annual permit costs $35 ($21 for seniors ages 62 and up). A daily permit costs $10 per vehicle.
For more information about the park’s facilities and fees, please visit http://www.metroparks.com/huron-meadows-metropark.
Saturday, January 13 (Frosty Freestyle)
8:00 AM — Packet Pick-Up and Race-Day Registration begin
9:30 AM — Kids’ Race begins
10:00 AM — Packet Pick-Up and Race-Day Registration ends
10:15 AM — Post-race snack area opens
10:15 AM — 5K participants begin lining up at the start line
10:30 AM — 5K race starts (wave start)
11 AM — 15K participants begin lining up at the start line
11:10 AM — 15K race starts (wave start)
12:45 PM — Awards ceremony (approximate time)
1:15 PM — Post-race snack area closes
Sunday, January 14 (Krazy Klassic)
9:00 AM — Packet Pick-Up and Race-Day Registration open
10:15 AM — Packet Pick-Up and Race-Day Registration end
10:30 AM — 8K race begins (wave start)
10:30 AM — Post-race snack area opens
10:45 AM — 12K race begins (wave start)
11:45 AM — Awards ceremony (approximate time)
12:30 PM — Post-race snack area closes
If you would like to switch from one event to another (for instance, from the Frosty 5K to the Frosty 15K or from the 5K Classic to the 5K Skate), or make any other change in your registration, you can do so online. Simply log into your Run Sign Up account, then click “Manage My Registration” to make your changes. You may not do this online once the event has closed. To make changes on race day, please see our Race-Day Sign Up Director in the Packet Pick-Up/Race-Day Registration area.
If you are no longer able to attend the event, and would like to make an insurance claim for a refund, please visit http://claims.ticketguardian.net/lookup.