A “Virtual Race” is all yours! It can be done at any time and any location. You can run or walk. You can participate alone, with friends, co-workers, or even your pet. There are no parking problems. No crowds. No long port-a-potty lines. There is no start gun or nervous, pre-race chitchat with other runners. There is not even a starting line!
Top 10 Reasons to do a Virtual Race
10. You don’t need to deal with traffic or parking.
9. You can choose your own weather conditions.
8. Scheduling conflicts won’t get in the way.
7. If you have an injury, the race can wait.
6. You can use it as “training” to practice things like hydration.
5. You don’t need to set your alarm unless you want to.
4. You get a super cool T-shirt.
3. You get a fantastic finisher’s medal.
2. Do something for yourself that is all about you.
1. You are supporting AACR and doing your part in helping to find a cure for cancer.
All swag will be mailed via U.S. Mail to the address you used during registration. Please refer to deadlines for mailing dates.
Prices are for U.S. mail only. International registrations will have additional fees.
A virtual run is all about you, you do it for yourself so there is no need to “prove” your run… BUT… we love hearing about your experience and it’s great to share new routes and parks with others so we do hope you will post about it on our Facebook page and follow the instructions below on posting results.
Virtual races have swag!! See your event page at www.epicraces.com to see what you get for your virtual race!
Of course you can win awards! Learn all about it here: https://runsignup.com/Race/Info/MI/AnnArbor/EpicSwagRewards
Here’s a sample of what you can win:
There are three ways to tell us about your race:
1. While you can run your run anyplace, anytime, if you choose one of our suggested courses during certain time periods, you will be able to use our app to track your run, get an official time, and your friends, family, or anybody else who cares can send you cheers, songs, motivational quotes, whatever! Just download RaceJoy and bring your phone on your run and let all of your fans know about RaceJoy!
2. Log in to your RunSignup account and select Manage Registration:
On the footer of the page, select Virtual Race:
You will then be taken to a page where you can submit or update your results or change your contact info: